You’re sitting in your desk chair, face resting on your left hand as you hold your mug of coffee with your right. You slowly sip the dark liquid and watch it pour relentlessly from the cup, only to burn your tongue and swash down your throat. You wince and put the cup down. Then, grudgingly, you go back to watching the cursor on the blank page in front of you blink on and off.
On and off.
Like a hypnotic dancer who only knows how to do one step of the dance, and so does it over and over, perfecting it until it becomes a blur. A bright white blur.
You start to get drowsy and snap back into reality as you realize you were daydreaming. Again. The blank page stares right back at you, beckoning you to write and fill its space with words. All the while, your eyes just roam up and down the length of the blank page… trying to reach the dark recesses of your mind for a topic, any topic, to write about.
Do you struggle with finding blog post ideas?
They don’t always come easily, especially if you’ve already written a good number of blog posts on your niche.
So, what do you do when you’ve conceivably run out of post ideas?
Think ahead, of course. Prescheduling blog posts can definitely make your life easier. It also has many benefits that you may not have thought about.
Why Preschedule Blog Post Ideas?
There are a number of reasons why you would preschedule your blog post ideas and think up topics to write about days in advance.
Here are a few.
- You save time. Instead of thinking about what the heck you’re going to write about for the day each time you blog, you’ll save time by prescheduling your blog posts at the beginning of the week. That way, you don’t waste more time thinking about what to write about when you’re ready to write.
- Blog post ideas come more readily when you’re the most creative. Everyone has a time during the day when their most creative thoughts tend to flow out of their heads like water. By planning your blog posts during this time, your ideas won’t run dry and you’ll be able to do more writing, instead of trying to figure out why you can’t write. If you wait until you’re ready to blog, you might find yourself stuck and imagining hypnotic dancers. No one wants that.
- You already have a plan in case you want to go on vacation. By prescheduling blog posts, you can write out the posts earlier in the week and have them set to get published while you’re running around petrifying monkeys in a tropical rain forest in God knows where. To preschedule a time in which a post is published, simply write out the post in WordPress and edit the “publish” settings on the right side of the screen. The default should say “Publish immediately.” By clicking the “Edit” link, you can choose whichever date you’d like to have the post published while you’re away, along with the time you want the post published.
- You don’t think up and accidentally forget fleeting blog post ideas. Post-topic ideas can come at odd times. If you come across a really good idea, write it down so that you don’t lose it later when you’re ready to start writing that blog post. In fact, I did this very thing with this post.
- You’re more organized. By being organized and knowing exactly what you’re going to write about for the rest of the week, you maintain post frequency and you are less likely to procrastinate, which means you’re more likely to get those blog posts written.
So what did we learn from all of this? Start thinking ahead and get those blog post ideas out in the open. It could do you some good, and you won’t hate yourself later.
Contact SEO Consulting Hamburg Services today to see the transformation in your business, one of Hamburg’s leading SEO companies. Therefore Contact Local SEO Agentur Hamburg today!
Leave a Reply