When writing a literature review, researchers have to do more than simply summarize the existing research. The task of the research is to synthesize the literature. Synthesizing related literature illustrates how everything fits together and makes room for your research. Combining is what synthesizing is all about. Rather than describing each source’s essential points one by one, you combine the concepts and results of several sources to make a more comprehensive statement. Fundamentally Synthesizing related literature is about comparing and contrasting your sources. It helps you in finding similarities and differences in the existing literature. The reader should be able to see where the sources diverge and converge in your synthesis. This article will tell you everything you need to know about synthesizing related literature.
What Is The Purpose Of Synthesizing Literature?
Synthesis is the method of joining several separate components into a single whole. Synthesis is the process of condensing and connecting several sources to analyze the literature on a subject. Synthesizing related literature enables you to offer suggestions and tie your research to the existing studies. The purpose of Synthesizing related literature is to demonstrate how your research fits into the larger body of knowledge. A literature review is not about reading the sources and summarizing them in your research paper. The goal of the literature review is to identify the gaps in the existing body of knowledge. It enables the researcher to justify the undertaken research problem or study. Synthesizing related literature enhances the credibility of the research. It strengthens the researcher’s arguments.
Moreover, it provides a firm footing to your research in the existing body of knowledge. Synthesis helps the researcher in comparing and contrasting the current body of knowledge. The primary aim is to demonstrate the differing opinions on the topic to the reader.
What Is The Importance Of A Synthesis In The Review Of Related Literature?
Writing a well-researched research paper requires the ability to synthesize related literature. It also requires dissertation help online from expert writers. Synthesizing the literature helps the researcher in strengthening the arguments of the study. It gives coherence and structure to the research paper. Synthesizing is simply about making connections based on the available information. Synthesizing related literature is important because of the following reasons:
- Enables the researcher to compare and contrast the available literature
- It helps in connecting several kinds of research and articles into a one whole
- It helps in identifying the meta themes
- Enables the researcher in interpreting the literature in a balanced manner
- It helps the researcher to formulate consistent arguments
- Allows the researcher to incorporate counterarguments to increase the credibility of the research
- Justifies the rationale of the study by synthesizing the research problem with the relevant literature
- Synthesis of related literature combines and joins the ideas of multiple authors with your research problem
- Synthesis combines knowledge from numerous sources, demonstrating that you have conducted the required research to engage with a topic properly
- To comprehend and address a research issue, you must use various sources, and uncovering the links between them can help you better evaluate and understand the dialogues around your topic.
- Synthesizing related literature brings flow to your writing and establishes clear links between the ideas
- Synthesis allows you to shine as a writer by demonstrating your ability to synthesize the relevant literature clearly
How Does Synthesizing Help In Research?
After collecting the necessary information and relevant literature on your subject, the next task is to evaluate it. Synthesizing related literature enables you to sift through the plethora of information for your research. It helps you in classifying and dividing the data into separate themes. Once you do that, you synthesize the relevant literature to your research questions. It enables you to analyze your findings in the light of the research question or research problem. Synthesis and analysis go hand in hand in literature.
A literature review strengthens your research paper and establishes your credibility as a researcher. Synthesizing related literature enables you to merge the ideas of several authors with your research problem. It ensures that your thoughts are well-explained. Synthesis of dissertation literature review collects several authors’ arguments and findings and combines them into significant discussions. It mixes information and evidence from the sources and blends them to provide coherence to your research paper.
How Does Synthesizing Contribute To The Overall Impact Of The Research?
Synthesizing related literature integrates the existing knowledge and findings relevant to a research question. Synthesis aims to expand the general scope of the research. It also increases the application of the discoveries made through synthesizing literature in producing new knowledge. Synthesizing contributes to the overall impact of research in the following manner:
- Integrates support from various sources to strengthen the main idea or argument of the research paper
- Identifies and combines various sources and demonstrates similarities and differences
- Acknowledges the efforts of other authors from multiple sources who have attempted to address the same research problem or question
- Identifies and evaluates how the assumptions, evaluations, findings, theories, and conceptual frameworks are similar across several studies
Furthermore, synthesizing related literature demonstrates the following things to the readers:
Readers can identify and comprehend the similarities that exist across several studies. It shows them how two or more sources agree with each other. It helps them in identifying the patterns.
Synthesizing related literature brings variety to the research paper by demonstrating differences. Readers can better comprehend the contrasting views that exist on the topic.
It demonstrates to the readers how the relevant sources build upon the ideas of others
It demonstrates the interlinks between cause and effect in several studies. It helps the readers understand how one study discusses the causes and how another discusses the effects.
Synthesizing literature review is the ability of the researcher to merge multiple sources relevant to the search problem. It helps the researcher build coherent arguments and provides clarity to the research paper. The ability to integrate and synthesize the relevant literature established the researcher’s credibility. It enhances the overall research and strengthens the essential findings and results.
Leave a Reply