We’ll go over how to manually convert a Lotus Notes NSF file to an Outlook PST file in this tutorial. Because of the intricacies in Lotus Notes that pose issues for users, most businesses, large and small, are switching to Microsoft Outlook for their work. As a result, we must convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST in order to continue working with the same database in Outlook.
Although both IBM Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are popular email programs, they are frequently utilized by businesses and organizations to speed up or improve their work and email exchanges around the world. However, there are other reasons for this, the most important of which is the increased popularity of Outlook among email users, enterprises, and individuals. The database files for IBM Notes and Microsoft Outlook are stored in separate NSF and PST files.
As a result, NSF and PST files cannot be opened in Outlook or Lotus Notes, respectively. To access the Lotus Notes database in Microsoft Outlook, you must convert NSF to PST with the use of third-party solutions or manually
What is the need for Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST conversion?
Altering Your Email Platform
If the organization switches from Lotus Notes to Outlook for email, it will increase the efficiency of the company. Because of the various file formats, email users would be unable to access their old Lotus Notes database files.
Lotus Notes is not available.
If users want to keep working on some of their unfinished office projects, they can utilize Lotus Notes as an emailing application. The NSF files cannot be accessible if he does not have Notes installed in his home.
If a person switches jobs and was formerly employed with Lotus Notes, but now works for a company that uses Microsoft Outlook. To access and open ancient Lotus Notes files and emails, you’ll need to convert NSF files.
Data sharing has become simple.
Exchange of emails or other objects is considerably easier with Microsoft Outlook than in Lotus Notes. Lotus Notes users demand a higher level of technical understanding.
How to Convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST Manually
Although there are various ways for converting NSF files to Outlook PST format available online. All you have to do now is learn everything there is to know about it and choose the best solution for this email migration. I’d want to make it clear that there are no direct manual options for converting Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST files. However, we can do so using the import and export methods. To manually convert an NSF file to a PST file, follow these steps.
- Lotus Notes Database File Export
- Open Microsoft Outlook and import the exported file.
- How to Export an IBM Notes Database
- Start the IBM Lotus Notes program.
- Open the.NSF file for the Lotus Notes Database.
- Select File from the menu bar and then Export from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the location of the newly exported file in the Export window. Select Comma Separated Value or Structured Text from the Save as Type drop-down menu.
- Select the Export option.
- A dialogue window will appear once you select the file type. Click the OK button.
In Order to Import a Database into Microsoft Outlook, Follow These Steps.
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Select Open from the File menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select Import.
- Choose Import from another program or file from the list in the Import and Export wizard. Next should be selected.
- Now Choose a comma-separated value as the file type to import from. Next should be selected.
- Now you can look through the CSV file that was prepared. Next should be selected.
- Select the folder to which you want to import data as the Destination Folder. Next should be selected. When the processing is finished, click Finish.
- NSF files will now be accessible in Outlook.
Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST Conversion Software
Before attempting any manual technique for converting NSF to PST, it is recommended that you make a backup of the original file from both extensions. It’s crucial since there’s a danger your database will be harmed or lost throughout the conversion procedure. If the manual solution doesn’t work or you can’t complete the conversion, you can use a professional program to convert Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST files. Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration Product is one such tool that provides a complete solution for converting Lotus Notes databases to Outlook PST files. Before purchasing the product, you can try out the demo version, which exports the first 25 items.
In conclusion, If you’re seeking a way to convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST, now is the time to finish the article. You will find two options for completing the migration process here. It is now up to you to select the appropriate ways for your needs.