Does your audience love using Instagram and exploring its content on loop? If yes, then you can use Instagram feeds as a magnet for audience engagement on your website. Embedding Instagram feeds on websites, especially WordPress websites, is very easy.
You can embed your Instagram feed on WordPress without plugin in two different ways. The first method is a social media aggregator tool, and the second one is using the Instagram manual embedding option. We will discuss the methods in detail and also understand which one is a better option for you.
Methods to Add Instagram Feed on WordPress Website Without Plugin
Method 1: Embed Instagram Feed on WordPress using a Social Media Aggregator
Before starting the process, let’s get familiar with what is a social media aggregator tool. It is a tool that enables you to collect social media content from multiple sources and present it on different marketing channels.
Let’s understand how it will help you aggregate Instagram feeds and embed them on your website.
Step 1: Create Instagram Feeds
- Select a social media aggregator and create a new account or log in to your existing account.
- Create a new widget and add social feeds.
- Then select Instagram as your source of content aggregation.
- You can collect Instagram feeds through different connection types. You can choose from options like:
- Hashtag: Enables you to collect a live Instagram hashtag feed.
- Handles: Enables you to collect posts from an Instagram account.
- Stories: Enables you to collect Instagram stories.
- Mentions: Collects Instagram posts where your brand is mentioned.
- Tagged: Collects Instagram posts where your business is tagged.
5. After setting the connection type, click on ‘Create Feed.’
Step 2: Modify the Instagram Feed
The tool will present the Instagram feeds on your website, which you can modify to your liking.
The design tab of the social media aggregator tool will allow you to add different colors, fonts, and backgrounds to the default social wall. You can also add a theme to make the Instagram feeds widget look interesting. The advanced tools also offer a CSS option so you can add custom code to design your Instagram feeds.
The moderation tab of the social media aggregator tool will allow you to manage all the posts appearing in your Instagram feed. You can highlight and pin the best posts. If there are posts that don’t add any value, you can hide them or delete them permanently. You can also preset the filters to your requirements so that only relevant posts appear in the feed.
A very useful option you get is the modification feature. You can modify the content of the posts and even add new custom posts to your Instagram feed.
Step 3: Generate the Embed Code for WordPress Website
After your feed is ready, you can generate an embed code for it.
- Publish the feed.
- You will see options for marketing channels where you can embed them. Select the website option.
- Now you will see a pop-up with website building platforms. Select yours as WordPress.
- Change the widget size if you need, and then copy the embed code for the Instagram feed.
Step 4: Embed the Instagram Feed on WordPress Website
- Log in to your WordPress account and open the editor.
- Navigate to the webpage where you have decided to embed Instagram feeds.
- Now add a new block and select the HTML option.
- Paste the embed code.
- Apply the changes to embed the Instagram feed on your WordPress website.
Method 2: Instagram manual embedding option
Instagram has a feature that allows users to get an embed link for the posts and share them on other platforms.
- Open your Instagram account on a web browser.
- Open an Instagram post and click on the three dots on the corner.
- Choose the embed option. Then you will get a code.
- Copy the embed code of the Instagram post.
- Open your WordPress webpage and paste the embed code.
- Save the changes, and it will embed the Instagram feed on your WordPress website.
Which option is better to embed Instagram feed on the Website?
Using a social media aggregator is a wise option as compared to the manual embedding method because of the following reasons:
- In social media aggregator, you can get live Instagram feeds automatically, and this option is not possible in the manual method as you have to embed new posts by yourself.
- In the manual method, you cannot design and modify the feeds. But social media aggregator tools give you the option to make your Instagram feed presentable.
- You have to remove the posts manually if you use the Instagram feature. But with the social media aggregator tool, you can hide and delete posts easily and even use filters.
- Social media aggregators come with the analytics feature, which is not there in the manual method.
Let’s Wrap Up
After understanding the two different methods of embedding Instagram feeds on the website, you are now ready to create your Instagram feeds and embed them on the website.
Check the social media aggregator tools and select one for your use. Keep in mind that your tool should be scalable with advanced features. While creating Instagram feeds, ensure that the content is engaging and useful for the audience. Start planning what type of Instagram feeds you will create for your website.