Difference between print media and journalism:
Print media is a type of mass media that creates and conveys news and information through printed publications. Journalism is a type of mass media that creates and conveys news and information through electronic media.
Definition of print media:
Sharing news and the latest information with citizens and societies in printed versions is known as print media.
Print media is one of the oldest and most basic forms of mass communication.
- Technology has spread swiftly since the nativity of the internet and it continues to dilate and germinate affecting many realms, especially the print media.
Radio and print channels have started noticing the negative impact of the internet. The engagement that the fastest home internet shows to conventional sources of news is that the public’s inclination for news is slowly decreasing because the internet allows for news updates, and it has become more charming to younger news patrons.
The negative impact of the internet on print media:
- In this era, about 98 percent of people have cell phones and the internet. Everyone prefers books, newspapers, magazines etc.
- It is slower as printing newspapers, books, magazines, etc consumes a lot of time. So the audience has to wait for the latest news.
- In some ways, the evolution of technology has made the human population drowsy. People won’t go out just to purchase a newspaper. News being documented and shared on social media platforms has had a negative effect on the print media industry. According to an article about newspapers, “average weekday circulation fell 7 percent, the most since 2010”
- Electronic transmission has become almost a crucial part of people’s lives. The internet has been the catalyst for electronic communication so people prefer social media platforms instead of printed media.
- Mobile technology has made an enormous change in terms of communication.
- Print media is limited. Newspapers, magazines, pamphlets, brochures etc didn’t reach the audience in a large number.
- As the natural resources to its end, the population is rapidly increasing across the world. Forests are burned to make buildings and houses for shelter. The wood is not enough to make paper so electronic media is preferre over print media.
- The technology of the internet has made a large impact on print media. People watch the latest news on social media platforms like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- The activity of reading newspapers is almost neglected because of automation.
“definition of journalism”
Journalism is the activity of gathering, accessing, creating, and presenting news and information.
In other words, journalism means the communication of information to the public by any media, radio, TV, or any other social media platforms.
The Internet and technology is the stimulant that is use to intensify the process of circulating information by creating news content.
The positive impact of the internet on journalism:
- The internet impact every facet of journalism. The internet has materialized as a means of publication, a new tool for narrating, and a new target for journalism education.
- The impact of the internet on journalism is that audiences have attained the jurisdiction to choose the information they want to consume.
- The impact of the internet on journalism is that it has changed journalism dissipation to today’s information processing function.
- The news is upload on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc. From these sites, more audiences, especially the young generation, can acquire it in minutes.
- People who don’t have time to watch television and are busy during news hours can also acquire what was cover in their unavailability via the internet.
- Online sources are able to provide rapid, efficacious, and authentic reporting of breaking news in a matter of seconds, providing society with an abridgment of events as they occur.
- Journalists are able to feed online sources the information keeping readers up-to-date in minimal seconds.
- Multimedia can be a great way to reach out to your audience.
- Saves time and amount.
- Improves personal communication.
- More tempting over classical work.
- Journalists can immediately announce just by using their cellphones and that is a vast impact social media has on journalism.
- Almost anyone can call themselves an online journalist.
“Negative impact of the internet on journalism”
- Embezzle of social media platforms.
- Older audiences May does not acquire digital platforms.
- The fast way that information is dispense on internet sites, sometimes without ample delving, can cause troubles. It may leave the reader with an enigmatic understanding, or even a bad conception of a subject.
In conclusion, the origin of the internet has exhaustively configured the phase of journalism in the world today. Before the year 2000, most internet widgets like iPod, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, Facebook, Instagram, and Google Search were not busily use in journalism. In today’s digital age, journalists can’t handle without the internet. In fact, the internet has resulted in several impacts on journalism.
Journalism is preferre by many people but at the same time avoided by many.
Leave a Reply